In support of our client, ResourceTek is seeking a Construction Administrator to join their team in Atlanta, GA. The right candidate will be responsible for the overall successful execution and delivery of the project according to the contract. This is a long-term, contract opportunity.
The Construction Administrator represents the client and is the primary administrator and communications link between client and site project stakeholders. He/she will work closely with the Design team project manager and the discipline leads. He/she will oversee the implementation and tracking of the project and its specified deliverables to meet the client’s expectations and goals and provides a positive experience.
Capable of managing all multi-discipline project activities including MEP/FP/FA/T services as well as subconsultants including Civil, Structural, Architectural and specialty consultants, with limited oversight or support, on projects with the following characteristics:
- Large projects $100 million and larger
- Complex Projects
- Design-Bid-Build project delivery
- Familiar with AIA format contract formats
- Multi-Phase project design projects or Multi-Phase construction projects
- Management of Domestic US Projects
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the work on the project; set the priorities, procedures, scope and schedule; publish and coordinate project team member assignments with the Studio Leader and/or Operations Director; obtain resource commitment for all disciplines
- Manage assigned projects through all stages of the project lifecycle with a primary focus on Project Construction Administration Services Execution, Project Monitoring & Control, and Project Closure.
- Follow and implement all established company processes and procedures.
- Facilitate communications with internal and external members of the project team and related personnel to clearly communicate the objectives, scope, design and schedule of the project
- Develop a detailed Work Plan for completing the design within the scope of work, project timeline and budget; identify required precursors from other disciplines in a timely fashion, and track details/data/information/activities for proper project documentation
- Direct, coordinate and support the members of the project team to meet the objectives of the client and the project profitability goals for client
- Identify QA/QC requirements for the project and schedule appropriate technical reviews
- Manage the client’s expectations to a positive outcome; participate in client meetings as required.
- Notify the client of changes in project scope, prepare estimates for additional design fees, issue work authorization to client and obtain client approval prior to performing any additional services
- Actively participates in cross selling of client services and new project pursuits
- Make a personal investment in professional growth and development by seeking ways to expand responsibilities, knowledge, and abilities
- Create and maintain purpose-built tools that support the Project Management of the projects unique to your Business Unit; including templates and standardize deliverables, to increase overall project quality and efficiency
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLSETS
- Possess working knowledge of engineering practices within own discipline and basic knowledge of practices and principles of other disciplines.
- Knowledge of commonly used and accepted design and construction concepts, practices, procedures; including, American Institute of Architects, Construction Specifications Institute
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and specifications, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner; demonstrate strong written, oral, listening, and presentation skills to confidently interact and coordinate both technical and non-technical issues with the internal project team, Client, and other Consultants
- Manages work independently and delegates and utilizing other client staff and productive partners effectively
- Demonstrates effective organizational and time management skills regarding projects, reports, and other commitments; completes assignments in a quality and timely fashion; able to manage multiple priorities concurrently; is punctual and dependable
- Effectively builds positive morale on the team by inspiring confidence, instilling enthusiasm, and cohesiveness, and influencing employees to act
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Accredited engineering degree or equivalent experience required.
- 8+ years of Engineering or Architectural experience with large projects
- Experience with overseeing on site project activities and cross disciple coordination.
ResourceTek, LLC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.