In support of our client, a hardware integration and support manufacturing services DOD company, ResourceTek is seeking a Mechanical Assembly Technician to join their team in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will assemble mechanical component parts, sub-assemblies, or completed units. This is a long-term opportunity with the possibility of going direct for the right candidate.
- Uses hand tools, small power tools, and other special equipment.
- Followed detailed written and verbal instruction for all work.
- Moves machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, forklifts, and cranes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must have at least 5-years of experience in manufacturing or assembly work.
- Candidate must have a HS Diploma.
- Candidate will be required to have the computer skills associated with these assembly tasks, including proficiency in using corporate production control processes, creating documents and spreadsheets for manufacturing information such as work instructions, parts lists, inventory reports, etc.
- Basic experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing documentation will be required.
- Candidate must be a resident of or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
- Experience in maintaining and operating production equipment is a plus.
- Security Requirements Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.