In support of our client, a hardware integration and support manufacturing services DOD company, ResourceTek is seeking a CNC Machinist to join their team in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will operate all equipment in the department with little to no supervision and understands all testing procedures and guidelines. This is a long-term opportunity with the possibility of going direct for the right candidate.
- Perform the machining of test specimens and parts.
- Program, set up, and operate CNC and other mills and lathes to prepare finished test specimens.
- Machine samples into reference standards according to supplied blueprints or drawings and document all information on appropriate forms.
- Manufacture, maintain, or machine jigs, fixtures, or any parts that are needed.
- Calibrate the movements on the milling machines and electric discharge machine (EDM), the surface roughness indicators, and the micrometer sets.
- Aid with hardness testing as needed. Makes recommendations to improve processes in the department.
- Understand all backlogs, what they mean and their impact.
- Identify highest priority work and adjust work schedule accordingly. Inform supervision of all out-of-calibration conditions (as found).
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent, associate degree or certificate in CNC machining preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of experience running HAAS CNC machines.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and engineering drawings required to fabricate parts.
- Must have ability to understand GD&T.
- Must have ability to perform set-ups and operate HAAS CNC vertical & horizontal mills.
- Some G-code programming experience, with ability to edit programs at a HAAS machine.
- Proficiency with Surfcam is a plus.
- Proficiency in 3-axis mill machining
- Must work well with others and supply own hand tools & toolbox.
- Must be able to validate own work using measuring tools.
- Candidate must be a resident of or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.