In partnership with our client, a tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Die Maintenance Assistant Manager to join their team in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will coordinate activities of group leader and team members to ensure smooth and efficient manufacturing operations while promoting a team environment and improving all methods. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Provide leadership and technical support to the die maintenance department. Act as manager of the department in absence of the manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Review production schedules to ensure the manufacturing of product(s) is completed and scheduled delivery dates are met.
- Plan and track new die arrivals, schedule die trials, DMR’s and ECI’s,
- Utilize the appropriate personnel based on skill sets.
- Evaluate, develop and ensure appropriate training processes for die maintenance members
- Lead members in die maintenance troubleshooting and problem-solving activities
- Ensure quality requirements and procedures for the area are understood and met.
- Aid team members in solving problems/ concerns that affect their performance.
- Evaluate the issue and consult Manager and/or Human Resources as needed to determine the most effective resolution.
- Monitor plant KPI and lead PDCA to meet expectations for safety, quality, productivity, cost and 5S
- Willingness to travel as needed for training or business needs
- Ability to rotate shifts if required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Must be flexible to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish Goals and objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7 plus years’ experience in a tool and die manufacturing maintenance environment
- 3-5 years previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Associate degree in industrial maintenance or similar program is preferred
- Ability to pass mechanical aptitude pre-employment test if required
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- PLC programming capability is a plus
- Work is conducted in an industrial office/ plant setting.
- Frequent movement throughout an industrial plant environment being exposed to high noise levels and equipment normally used in stamping / welding/ Ecoat environments.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including. Equal Opportunity Employer.