In support of our client, a provider of IT technology solutions throughout the U.S., ResourceTek is seeking a Systems Administrator in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will develop high-level relationships with clients through ongoing communications that maximize uptime and further advance client productivity and profitability through technology. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Candidates will be expected to work directly with customers on all aspects of IT infrastructure management including:
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues in an efficient and timely manner
- Create and provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Manage and maintain tickets assigned and hours billed to show initiative to address items based on priority/severity level
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures that protect data, software, and hardware
- Participate and follow the implementation of IT projects such as upgrades, training, and troubleshooting
- Participate and engage ideas, processes, and actions to improve service, workflow, environment, and culture
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience in onsite client technical support, network administration, and support activities in multi-user network environments
- Experience in network administration, systems analysis and design, and support activities in multi-user network environments.
- Working and troubleshooting knowledge in Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, HyperV, Exchange, and MS SQL Server.
- Proficient in DHCP, DNS, and AD
- Proficiency with network equipment – router, firewall, access points, & switches
- Working and troubleshooting knowledge in MS Office (2007-2016 and Office 365)
- Knowledge of Office 365 required
- Experience managing a team of 4-5 people required
- Knowledge of PBX/Telephone equipment
- Security +, Linux, Microsoft, or Cisco certifications are a plus
- Demonstrate a high level of organizational skills and the ability to self-manage and prioritize a dynamic workload
- Must have reliable transportation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with exceptional problem-solving abilities coupled with a get it done attitude
- Exercise the highest ethical standards
- Successful completion of a drug screening and a criminal background check
Company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.