In support of our client, a leading provider of network software and hardware-based solutions, ResourceTek is seeking a Network Architect in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will ensure the stable and secure operation of Client’s global network. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The Network Architect’s role includes designing, planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. This person will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Monitor and analyze network performance across the organization's LANs, WANs, and wireless deployments.
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks.
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components.
- Monitor system capacity to determine its effect on performance and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands.
- Identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks.
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including firewalls, routers, switches, access points, UPSs, and so on.
- Inspect, maintain, and where necessary replace network cabling, voice/data jacks, and other network-related equipment.
- Ensure network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Work with IT Senior Management to negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related discipline + a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 5 – 8 years of professional experience in a technical analytical position responsible for administering networking environments
- Specific knowledge of: Cisco Nexus, as well as working knowledge of various VPN technologies.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Google cloud services.
- Experience with router performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Hands on knowledge with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SIP, H.323, and other network protocols to include firewall management
- Experience with enterprise LAN, WAN, and wireless LAN management
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- 2-3 years professional experience in a technical position responsible for architecting solutions related to network in an enterprise environment
- 1-3 years’ experience leading a network team
- Certifications in Networking preferred
Company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.