ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In partnership with our client, a tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Welding Maintenance Supervisor to join their team in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will coordinate activities of team members to ensure smooth and efficient manufacturing operations while promoting a team environment and improving all methods. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Build strong team member relations and support people development through coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork.
- Work closely with Japanese advisors from parent companies.
- Demonstrate ability to lead safety and quality initiatives and support kaizen activities.
- Ensure alignment of department activities to support company business plan.
- Create improvement strategies related to KPI achievement and translate those strategies into action plans for floor management systems.
- Ensure programs are maintained, the department maintains compliance with standards, and the appropriate training is effectively given to all employees.
- Create and manage team member development plans.
- Provide assistance to team members in solving work-related problems.
- Evaluate the issue and consult Manager and/or Human Resources as needed to determine the most effective resolution.
- Support new equipment installation, setup, and on- going maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve to eliminate chronic downtime issues.
- Lead activity to improve operational efficiency.
- Lead maintenance cost evaluation and reduction activities.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, & electrical & electronic components of machinery & equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of facility.
- Install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Availability to work a shift rotation and overtime as needed.
- Frequent manual lifting of parts or containers up to 33 lbs.
- Must be flexible to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish Goals and objectives.
- Please Note: Work is conducted in an industrial office/ plant setting. Frequent movement throughout an industrial plant environment being exposed to high noise levels and equipment normally used in stamping / welding/ Ecoat environments.
- 2-year associate degree in related field or equivalent work experience or training in a highly automated manufacturing environment
- Experience in manufacturing maintenance leadership position
- Experience with Fanuc/Yaskawa robots, Omron PLC
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to pass mechanical/electrical aptitude pre-employment test if required
- Personal computer and software skills
- PLC programming ability is a plus
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including. Equal Opportunity Employer.