ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In partnership with our client, a tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Stamping Maintenance Supervisor to join their team in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will coordinate activities of the Stamping Maintenance department. Provide leadership and technical support to department. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Build strong team member relations and support people development through coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork
- Work closely with Japanese advisors from parent companies
- Demonstrate ability to lead safety and quality initiatives and support kaizen activities
- Ensure alignment of department activities to support company business plan
- Create improvement strategies related to KPI achievement and translate those strategies into action plans for floor management systems
- Ensure programs are maintained, the department maintains compliance with standards, and the appropriate training is effectively given to all employees.
- Create and manage team member development plans
- Provide assistance to team members in solving work-related problems.
- Evaluate the issue and consult Manager and/or Human Resources as needed to determine the most effective resolution.
- Support new equipment installation, setup, and on- going maintenance
- Troubleshoot and problem solve to eliminate chronic downtime issues
- Lead activity to improve operational efficiency
- Lead maintenance cost evaluation and reduction activities
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, & electrical & electronic components of machinery & equipment.
- Assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of facility.
- Install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment.
- Regular attendance and availability to work a shift rotation and overtime as needed.
- Frequent manual lifting of parts or containers up to 33 lbs.
- Must be flexible to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish Goals and objectives.
- Please Note: Work is conducted in an industrial office/ plant setting. Frequent movement throughout an industrial plant environment being exposed to high noise levels and equipment normally used in stamping / welding/ Ecoat environments.
- 2- year associate degree in related field or equivalent work experience or training in a metal stamping environment
- Experience in manufacturing maintenance leadership position
- Experience with Komatsu presses and Mitsubishi/Omron controls
- Good Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to pass mechanical/electrical aptitude pre-employment test if required
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatic knowledge is preferred.
- PLC programming capability is a plus
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including. Equal Opportunity Employer.