In support of our client, a leader in automotive OEM, we are seeking an experienced Planning Engineer, Automotive Equipment located in Vance, AL. The right candidate will ensure the exchange of product related information between the departments and ensure a smooth product transfer. This is a long-term, contract-to-hire opportunity.
- Support Development (RD) at design for manufacturing, using the experiences out of current series production.
- Prepare planning options, evaluate cost-efficiency and provide analysis of both.
- Plan, specify and purchase body shop equipment, oversee transfer of equipment to production, ready for operation or assign and coordinate Production Planning Department in case of large or new product launch projects.
- Exchange information with partners/ colleagues in the plant and in PP to establish and share best practices and Implement those best practices into processes and work Instructions.
- Work In project groups and lead and/or coordinate projects.
- Plan and Introduce measures to assure corrosion protection and follow/meet legal requirements for the protection of the environment.
- Procure from and exchange information with Development, Production, Suppliers and other related persons or departments.
- Review product concepts with Development engineers throughout the development phases. Provide plant requirements to the Development engineers to enhance manufacturing and document lessons learned.
- Prepare documents requiring product improvements and work with the Development engineers until closure.
- Follow and ensure all affected rules, policies and laws concerning safety and security.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Other Engineering Or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Engineering function within a manufacturing setting with strong emphasis on project management, equipment planning and process planning.
- Experience in project management and in leading problem-solving groups.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven capability to develop and support strategic directions and concepts for the organization.
- Ability to communicate efficiently in English and German.
- Main frame system knowledge, e.g. SAP. PC application knowledge: Word, Excel, MS Project and Power Point.
- Work experience in product development and in a pre-production environment.
- Experience with Equipment Standards through Enterprise Content Management (ECM).
- Ability to clearly communicate technical Information, both verbally and in writing, in German and English.
- Experience in CAD systems (Engineering Client, Solidworks, Siemens NX, Catia).
- Experience with Product Management Software.
- Project Management Certification like PMP, PMI-ACP.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.