In partnership with our client, a tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Welding Maintenance Assistant Manager to join their team in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will provide leadership and technical support to the department to ensure smooth and efficient manufacturing operations while promoting a team environment. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Assist in establishing priorities for the department to support company business plan
- Preview production and operating reports and resolve operational manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimal costs and prevent operational delays as needed.
- Develop and lead welding maintenance team members in all areas such as employee relations, problem solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, scheduling, equipment problems, etc.
- Work closely with department in the areas of safety, quality and 5S. Ensure programs are maintained, the department follows all standards, and appropriate training is effectively given to all employees.
- Provide assistance to employees in solving work-related problems as well as manage employee training
- Lead planning and installation of welding equipment, including welders, robotics, jigs, vision systems, etc.
- Program robotic equipment including PLCs, Servo drives, and other equipment.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Build relationships with and attends training with equipment suppliers to maximize equipment capability.
- Confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, etc. to facilitate production processes.
- Demonstrate a hands-on ability to solve problems. Supports continuous improvement.
- Regular attendance and availability to work a shift rotation and overtime as needed
- Must be flexible to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish Client Goals and objectives.
- Please Note: Work is conducted in an industrial office/ plant setting. Frequent movement throughout an industrial plant environment being exposed to high noise levels and equipment normally used in stamping / welding/ Ecoat environments.
- Minimum 2-3 years supervisory experience in automotive manufacturing is preferred.
- Associate Degree or Technical Certification in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Fanuc/ Yaskawa robot with Omron PLC programming ability.
- Performance Skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.