ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In partnership with our client, a tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Stamping Engineering Specialist to join their team in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will facilitate the establishment and ramp-up of an efficient and reliable facility and culture at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The right candidate will drive continuous improvement initiatives centered around equipment efficiency and reliability and as such, will help educate team members at all levels of the organization, and contractors, on the why and importance of such initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Oversee the maintenance of equipment and machinery and modifications to structure or layout of facility.
- Oversee Tooling modifications and adjustments.
- Oversee ECI changes to tooling.
- Organize projects to be completed, delegating work to maintenance team members.
- Maintain contact with vendor to requisition materials and supplies for department and monitor a sufficient inventory.
- Assist in developing skill of maintenance team.
- Assist in ensuring department is in compliance with standards, and the appropriate training is effectively given to all employees.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Build relationships with and attends training with equipment suppliers to maximize equipment capability.
- Confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, etc. to facilitate production processes.
- Demonstrate a hands-on ability to solve problems. Supports continuous improvement.
- Identify potential quality problems from drawings and/or be able to work with design for problems that develop in production.
- Support Activities and training in Stamping/ Machine Maintenance.
- Regular attendance is required
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2- year associate degree in related field or equivalent work experience or training
- 2 years related experience in metal stamping environment
- Ability to pass mechanical aptitude pre-employment test if required
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatic knowledge is preferred.
- Omron, Mitsubishi, Fanuc PLC programming capability is a plus
- Work is conducted in an industrial office/ plant setting.
- Frequent movement throughout an industrial plant environment being exposed to high noise levels and equipment normally used in stamping / welding/ Ecoat environments.
- Must be flexible to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed and travel both domestically and internationally
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including. Equal Opportunity Employer.