ResourceTek's customer, a global consulting engineering company with an office in the Knoxville, TN area, has a need for a Senior Instrumentation & Controls Designer who can work in a Lead role within the Electrical Discipline.
The Sr. Lead I&C Designer works independently; performs routine aspects of design, drafting and 3D modeling; develops innovative designs; works with minimal supervisor; determines objectives and approaches to assignment as well as supporting the engineering staff in project objectives.
- Prepare all instrumentation and control design deliverables including:
- Loop drawings
- Block Diagrams
- Wiring drawings
- Cable and Conduit Schedules
- Instrumentation location plans
- Control panel drawings
- Oversee other designers, driving safety and qualify into their designs
- Work closely with discipline engineers and designers to ensure a coordinated project execution
- Provide discipline specific design input to project scopes of work, project schedules and man-hour estimates
- Mentor junior level designers and provide a detailed independent quality check for packages created by other design teams.
- High school diploma
- Technical Degree or Certification in Design, preferred
- Minimum 10 years of design experience with 5 years minimum in chemical, pharmaceutical, oil and gas plant design.
- Working knowledge and direct experience of CAD technologies, AutoCAD, 3D modeling, Auto-Plant and SPI.
- Thorough knowledge of standard industry electrical & instrumentation design practices, codes and standards
- Working knowledge and direct experience with SmartPlant Instrumentation preferred
This is a long-term contract opportunity in the East Tennessee area.