In support of our client, an infrastructure development firm delivering complex engineering and construction projects across the nation and internationally, we are looking to identify a Project Controller to work on several projects updating and fixing breached levees in Fremont County, Iowa on a 2+ year contract.
The Project Accountant role is to ensure the financial health of the project(s) by aggressively collecting revenue, accurately forecasting costs and revenues, and timely escalating all potential financial issues to Senior Management. This position is responsible for job forecasting, cash flow forecasting, budget download, subcontractor invoicing, change orders, compliance auditing and financial reporting.
- Ensures all invoices are submitted on time and with the appropriate documentation. Follows up to assure timely payment of invoices, change orders and claims.
- Prepares quarterly accurate and reliable forecasts and reports that enable management to make effective business decisions.
- Timely prepares the 12-month cash flow schedule with emphasis on the 30/60/90-day period.
- Leads the initial budget download process and works with the super/PM to setup the coding structure for the project. On a timely basis updates the project budget to account for change orders and project revisions.
- Ensures cost are properly captured and submitted on a timely basis, works with AR department to co-ordinate the price up of the tickets and change orders
- Ensures the team properly tracks, daily logs, monthly reconciles, and impeccably documents quantities.
- Understands variances and identifies the components of the over/under billing. Communicates this information to senior management and works with the project team to resolve.
- Ensures all payroll issues are accurately and timely resolved.
- Ensures the project team accurately completes all required documentation in a timely manner, including Prevailing Wage, DBE/MBE and EEO reporting.
- Ensures costs and billing complies with contract provisions, FAR and CAS standards.
- Ensures all subcontractor documentation is received and executed in a timely manner to ensure compliance to the payment terms of the Subcontractor Agreement.
- Ensures all invoices are received and vouchered in the appropriate month, prior to the monthly closing deadline.
- Reviews and understands the Client's contract for general specifications, sales tax, invoicing, extra work billing, and change management.
- Reviews the weekly equipment charges and utilization reports. Discusses any variances with the project team to ensure they make real time cost decisions.
- Ensures closeout items are completed by the end of each phase of work and all retainage is collected within 90 days of substantial completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or a related field.
- 5-10 years of experience of relevant accounting experience construction industry
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.), (or comparable) ERP.
- Entrepreneurial with a well-rounded business perspective.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker is deliberate and decisive in making decisions.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced challenging environment.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
ResourceTek provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes group medical, paid holidays and vacation, 401k participation, Flexspend and other supplemental benefits.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.