In support of our client, a professional engineering services company, we are searching for a Structural Designer to join their team located in Tullahoma, TN. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
Our client is seeking a Structural Designer with 10 to 20 years of experience in the designs of 2D structural drawings and 3D complex structures. The successful candidate will work in a project team environment to develop custom designs to satisfy client requirements.
Typical projects include the structural design of wind tunnels, rocket and jet engine test stands, launch facilities, automotive aerospace test facilities, and other unique structural systems associated with research and development and other advanced test facilities.
Structural Designer Skills / Requirements:
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the design and analysis of special structures
- Able to work in a project team environment to develop custom designs to satisfy client requirements to accomplish project-level drafting tasks on schedule and within budget
- Developing procedures for improving drafting work processes
- Assisting inexperienced drafters in developing their drafting skills
- To clearly communicate and interact effectively with other team member and management.
- Some typical clients include:
- Automotive manufacturers and suppliers
- Aerospace manufacturers and suppliers
Structural Designer Typical Duties:
Provides drafting team leadership on major projects of considerable scope/complexity or specific discipline, or specialty leadership for general design, drafting, and CAD support. Provides skills for layout and assembly of complete drawing packages for large projects and for accomplishing the drawing checking functions.
- Provides technical guidance to assigned team of designers and drafters; develops work plans for specifics projects, suggests assignments; reviews work in progress; coordinates work with project management; assists with specific assigned administrative task.
- Performs creative design from general concepts, basic and independent engineering analysis, liaison, and field monitoring.
- Performs complex drafting assignments with general instructions and working from furnished or self-generated computations and sketches.
- Evaluates functional feasibility of designs and their conformance to specifications; uses company and/or client drafting standards and specifications and engineering computations and sketches to assess the accuracy and acceptability of drawings prepared by other drafters, or designers.
- Instructs originators in the correction of noted deficiencies and certifies completeness of final drawing packages.
- Prepares sketches to be drawn by others; maintain drafting standards and suggest new standards or changes to existing standards; assists in developing training plans and programs for the training of new and less experienced drafting personnel.
- May operate CAD equipment, and train employees on the use of CAD equipment.
- Preliminary sizing of structural members
- Check shop drawings against design drawings
Structural Designer Preferred Requirements:
- Certification of two (2) years training from a vocational school or two (2) years college with courses relevant to drafting or engineering principles plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience.
- Must have working knowledge of CAE/CAD systems.
- Must have demonstrated good leadership, organization, planning, communication, and problem-solving capability. Able to lead a small team of structural designers and drafters.
- Proficient in the development of 2D drawings/3D models using one or more of the following products:
- Advance Steel
ResourceTek offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package including employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and supplemental insurances.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity