Our client, a premier materials science company of 250 people specializing in solving tough scientific issues and developing technologies and preserving the properties of recovered carbon black from rubber.
We are seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer to add to their team located in Natchez, MS. The right candidate will contribute to the development of the future state of the plant and the systems, processes, structures, and This is a long-term, consulting opportunity with the client.
Under the direction of the Senior Project Engineering Manager, this role will assist the owner with oversight and management of construction and capital equipment projects. The Mechanical Engineer will work with the Owner's Project Engineering Team to rebuild and modify a manufacturing facility.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical Engineering of mechanical building systems and capital equipment related to industrial processes.
- Contribute in plant layout, evaluation, specification and selection of conveyors and conveyor systems for expansion of an existing manufacturing facility.
- Work with outside engineering firms, vendors, and contractors during mechanical systems project installations, including startup and commissioning activities.
- Ensure owner's interests related to construction and installation are protected.
- Act as company representative representing owner's interests prime and sub mechanical contractors, vendors, and others when needed.
- Bachelor level degree in Engineering is highly desired along with 5+ years of proven experience in Mechanical Engineering in a construction or industrial environment.
- Previous experience managing industrial construction and capital equipment activities. Preference given to those with similar process experience.
- Applicants without a BS in Engineering must have 10 plus years of hands-on, applicable heavy industrial mechanical engineering experience.