ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In partnership with our client, ResourceTek is seeking a Field Servcices Apprentice to join their team in Columbus, GA.
Performs heavy manual labor and operates any required mechanical equipment used by the Field Services Teams. Understand the total operation of the Team sufficiently to perform duties in the absence of the Assistant Team Leader. Performs the upkeep and preventive maintenance of all mechanical equipment used by the team. Prepares for daily assignments by loading assigned truck with all necessary materials, supplies and equipment as per supervisor's instructions. Cleans and washes vehicles and equipment as needed. Attend all seminars and training given by Columbus Water Works. Employee will be required to perform on-call duties on a rotating schedule.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Prepares for daily assignments by loading assigned truck with all necessary materials, supplies and equipment as per supervisor's instructions.
- Cleans, washes and fuels vehicles and equipment as needed.
- Unloads, sets up job sites and operates with little or no direct supervision specific equipment used in team operations such as rodding machines, tapping machines, Boring Machines and all other essential tools and equipment.
- Coordinates with Team Captains to complete jobs required.
- Exhibits ability to perform heavy manual labor under directions of supervisor.
- Sets up traffic control equipment under direct supervision of supervisor.
- Performs manual labor associated with the construction and maintenance of a Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection System under direct supervision of supervisor.
- Set up safety equipment.
- From time to time this employee may be called upon to perform other duties as deemed necessary by his supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED is the minimum requirement. A minimum of 6 months of heavy manual labor experience required. Must frequently lift and move objects of 50 pounds required. Possession of a valid Drivers License and a good driving record are required. Must obtain CPR and First Aid Standard certificates within one year of employment. Must frequently work outside in all weather conditions required. Must perform on-call duties on a rotating schedule required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, and safety rules. Ability to understand and perform verbal instructions provided by supervisor.
Must add, subtract, multiply, and measure.
Must apply basic reasoning to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or equipment; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb and balance.
The employee frequently lifts and moves objects of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to the risk of hazardous gases. The employee is frequently exposed to moderate noise and vibration. The employee frequently works outside in all weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes, gases, and air borne particles. The employee regularly works with and around chemicals, confined spaces, associated tanks, and piping commonly found in wastewater industry.